Outdoor sports facilities
We have a great range of outdoor sports facilities available on our parks. Read further to find out more...
- Moorways Stadium - full sized pitch with flood lights and changing rooms also available.
- Springwood Leisure Centre - 5-a-side pitch filled with sand/rubber, especially designed for football. We also have a court suitable for 5-a-side football. Floodlights also available.
- The Racecourse - Steve Bloomer Artificial Turf Pitch (ATP) with floodlights, changing rooms and club room available.
- Moorways Stadium - three full sized pitches used for football, rugby and for coaching.
- Darley Fields
- Alvaston Park - a grass pitch with floodlights, changing rooms and club room available.
- Chaddesden Park
- Sinfin Moor Park
- Chellaston Park - There are grass 3 full size football pitches. There is an outdoor 5 a side football court with a polymeric surface and rebound fencing.
Markeaton Park has two hard tennis courts and a ball games area that are available to use on a pay as you go basis, if you would like to book a court telephone the Pitch & Putt on 01332 384494.
We have tennis courts to hire at Markeaton and Chaddesden parks. To find out more call us on 01332 367800.
Moorways Stadium has a range of athletics facilities, including:
- athletics track and field - an eight lane floodlit international standard track and field facility with the provision for outside throwing areas and a practice sprint track. There is also permanent seating for 650 people with additional space for several thousand spectators.
- cross country and cyclo-cross - Moorways Stadium's cross country course is suitable for small and junior events, as well as a cyclo-cross course.
- Markeaton Park has cricket fields which are available between April and September.
- Chellaston Park - 1 synthetic cricket wicket and grass outfield.
For prices visit our Parks prices page