Our health & wellbeing team are here to help you achieve your goals.
What are your goals?
Working out can help you work towards a variety of goals:
- general fitness
- weight loss
- injury recovery
- sports specific training
- preparing for a marathon, triathlon
Your Plan - a free personal fitness plan
All members have access to 'Your Plan', which is a free fitness plan with our Health and Wellbeing Advisors. Together we will support you to help you achieve your goals. The six week programme can be started at any point in your fitness journey, but every new gym user will be given the opportunity to join.
Your Plan involves the following stages:
- Stage 1: Personal Fitness Plan, where we’ll go through your goals and set out how you can achieve them through your membership.
- Step 2: Fitness Development Plan, now that you’ve got into your programme we will adapt your routine to ensure that you are getting the most out of your workouts.
- Step 3: Fitness Plan Progression, you are well on your way to making some great changes, it’s now time to accelerate your training to ensure you reach your goals.
- Step 4: Fitness Plan Review, it’s time to see how far you’ve progressed and, together, adjust your plan to ensure you’re always working to improve.
This plan will take 6 weeks and involve 1:1 sessions with the Health and Wellbeing Advisor.
After your first six weeks, stay on track with motivator sessions, ‘try it’, fitness assessments or take part in a gym challenge.
Any gym member can ask to join My Plan, at any point in their fitness journey, just ask a member of the gym team.
Do you want to know your body measurements, muscle mass, body water, heart rate and general fitness statistics?
Our gyms have biometric fitness equipment that can support your fitness goals and journey.
Just ask a member of the gym team for more information about Your STAT.
This service is free to Health and Fitness Unlimited Members. (Charges apply to non-members)
Other services available
Livewell is a healthy lifestyle service for people registered to a doctor in Derby. If offers free 12-month programmes to help adults and children to improve their health and well-being.
As well as weight management, Livewell now includes a variety of programmes, including healthy pregnancy, stop smoking, child weight management and men's health.
In order to join the Livewell programme you must be registered with a Derby city GP practice and have one or more of the following:
- BMI of 30 and higher
- smoke (from the age of 7)
- 95th centile for children 5-17.
For more information and to join please visit the Livewell website.