Information relating to Coronavirus
For current social distancing safety, on opening our programme spaces will be limited. This is to ensure we can provide supervised distancing for your safety while you are swimming. As we follow governing body advice, we will access and re-visit our programme in the future.
Queen's Leisure Centre will open for lane swimming from 12 April 2021, other programme sessions will be considered in-line with government guidance.
The sessions will need to be pre-booked in advance in the following ways:
Booking conditions apply, activities can be booked up to 14 days in advance.
Please visit our pool programme page for session times and days.
Sessions will be 45 minutes.
Frequently asked questions
Q: We ask that swimmers arrive 'Beach Ready'.
A: What we mean by “beach style turn up and swim” is that we ask you to arrive at the pool already wearing your swimming costumes underneath your clothes and having showered at home. We are encouraging swimmers to do this to minimise the time spent in changing areas. Similarly, we are encouraging swimmers to shower at home after their swim, again to minimise the time spent in the changing areas after a swim.
On arrival, there will be social distanced allocated changing stations on pool side for you to change.
However, changing facilities will still be available for swimmers post-swim to change.
Q: Will showers be available?
A: Unfortunately no, we will encourage you to shower at home.
Q: How will you ensure social distancing while swimming?
A: The lane swimming sessions will be for a controlled number of swimmers, depending on the pool in use. Lifeguards will also request that everyone follows our lane Swim Etiquette, which is as follows:
- Lane capacity and speed will be indicated on the lane sign, check the lane are not full before entering.
- Lane Flow - You may be asked by the Lifeguard to change lane when swimming, this is to assist in the flow of swimmers to ensure everyone enjoys their swim.
- Entering the pool - When entering the pool lane, wait for at least a 3m distanced gap between yourself and others.
- Social distancing - Follow social distancing rules whilst swimming, on poolside and around the centre.
- Overtaking - To allow someone to overtake you, stop at the end of a lane and face away from them whilst they pass.
- Resting - To rest climb out the pool and use the designated seating area, please do not rest in the water.
- If you need any help or have questions please ask the Lifeguard.
All activities are bookable over the phone or online, this includes gym, classes and swimming. With bookings online, you will be able to see availability and pay, which will allow you quick access to your activity on arrival at the centre.
If you have any problems joining online or booking email the centre of your booking choice.
Derby Arena - email@example.com
Springwood Leisure Centre - firstname.lastname@example.org
Queen's Leisure Centre - email@example.com
Moorways Sports Centre - firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails are monitored during normal centre opening hours.
Queen's Pool Programme
Derby City Council Coronavirus information and advice
Find out how coronavirus is impacting Council services and facilities.
Check out the latest advice on coronavirus (COVID-19).
InDerby Coronavirus information and updates
For Derby Active Leisure facilities visit Derby Active COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
For Derby LIVE and Derby City Council events in our facilities and parks, please visit Derby LIVE and events COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
For Derby parks and open spaces visit Derby Parks COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
For Derby City Libraries visit Derby Libraries COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information