Homework and study support
We provide and promote a safe, welcoming, accessible environment with appropriate facilities and resources to help children and young people with their homework and study assignments.
What does your library have to offer?
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff to help
- Informal approach helping children and young people develop research skills and independent learning
- Space to work – study tables and chairs
- A range of resources – book based and online–to support learning in its widest sense including leisure, general interest and personal information helping to meet the needs of children and young people of all abilities
- Non-fiction books - including revision guides - for children and young people covering a wide range of topics at different levels to support national curriculum requirements. Material to support study at GCSE level or above is provided within the adult non-fiction section of the library
- Free holds – items available to order from home
- Free Internet & Microsoft Office access with appropriate filtering
- Print outs and photocopies
- eReference library for children and young people- online resources accessible from the library and at home
Homework club at Normanton Library
The club is organised by libraries and sessions are run by trained volunteers, who support children with their homework and learning.
When is it held?
Every Wednesday during term time, 4.30pm to 6.30pm.
What can children do?
- Practice their basic computer and research skills
- Find the information they need to complete their homework using our eReference library, suitable websites, books and other resources
- Practice spellings, reading and basic maths
- Find out about topics of personal interest, such as their hobby.
Who can join?
- Sessions are open to all children and young people, but aimed particularly at nine to14-year-olds
- Children must be a member of the library to take part but it’s really easy to join Just ask a member of staff.
How do children join?
- Sessions are free and there is no need to book
- Children can drop in at any time during the session and stay for as long or as short a time as they like.