Information relating to Coronavirus
Computers and the internet
From 10 May - extra PC sessions will be available for job seekers to book.
Libraries Update - April 2021
Derby Libraries are pleased to be able to welcome customers back into libraries from the week commencing Mon 19 Apr for browsing. We are currently putting the final preparations in place to enable as much use of library facilities as is safe and practical at this time.
Public PCs will be available on a self-service basis and you can enjoy sessions of up to 60 minutes per customer per day. You will no longer need to book a PC but please be aware that, to comply with Covid safety regulations, the number of PCs available will be limited and staff assistance will not be available. We will keep this under review and extend this service when it is safe and practical to do so.
The Home Library Service will continue to deliver books to people who cannot get to the library by themselves because of illness, infirmity or disability.
Derby Local Studies and Family History Library is currently closed to members of the public but is taking enquiries by phone, text and email. We are aiming for customers to be able to visit the Local Studies Library in person after Monday 21 June.
There are computers and free WiFi available for people to use at Normanton, Alvaston, Mickleover and Riverside Libraries.
Printing is available at these sites and payment must be made by card.
To use a computer or library Wifi:
- You do not need to book a PC in advance but please be aware that, due to Covid restrictions, the number of PCs available is limited
- PC and Wifi sessions are limited to one hour
- Customers aged under 13 must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Unfortunately, we cannot provide one-to-one help for you on the computer
- While you are in the library, you must wear a face covering and observe social distancing of two metres. When you arrive, you will be asked to sanitise your hands and to provide your name and contact details for Test and Trace.
Public computer access is not available at Derby Local Studies and Family History Library.
PC use is available to full members of Derby Libraries. Visitors to Derby can use the computers by showing identification, normally this should be the same identification needed to join the library, but international visitors can use a passport, national identity card or driving licence. We regret we do not accept credit or debit cards.
The following documents have more information: