Our Job Clubs are designed to support people searching for a job, with volunteers and experts on hand to help. They are free to use and all jobseekers are welcome.
We support jobseekers at these four drop in library job clubs. You can drop in anytime during the sessions. You don’t have to book.
Alvaston Library every Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) from 10am to 12 noon
Riverside Library every Monday (excluding Bank Holidays) from 1pm to 4:30pm, starting Monday 9 July.
What support is there for jobseekers?
We can help with:
- registering with Universal Jobmatch
- writing and updating CVs
- setting up email accounts
- access to computers and printing
- books to borrow on all aspects of jobseeking, including CVs
- writing cover letters
- searching and applying to jobs online
- filling in online application forms
- interview techniques.
How are the job clubs run?
The clubs are organised by Libraries and the sessions are delivered by volunteers and experts from advice agencies.
All sessions are drop in and you can stay for as long or short a time as you like. Everyone is welcome and tea and coffee are available as well.
I would like to volunteer to support jobseekers at a library job club. What would I be doing?
As a volunteer you would:
- help to deliver the job club sessions
- support job seekers with their queries at the job club.
What skills and experience do I need to volunteer at a job club?
We are looking for people with these skills and qualities:
- A friendly and positive approach
- Able to follow instructions
- Good computer skills including email and the internet
- Experience of supporting people as they learn
- Ability to support and run a learning session with a small group of adults
- Good listening skills
- Good communication skills, including the ability to understand non-verbal signals
- Flexibility, for example a willingness to move during a session between different learners, offering support as required
- Ability to receive feedback and act on it
- Ability to relate well to people from all backgrounds, ages and walks of life.
If you are interested in volunteering, contact Dawn Mason by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.