Information relating to Coronavirus
Join the library
Do you live, work or study in Derby or Derbyshire? If you do, you can join Derby Libraries by completing the form below.
When library staff receive your form they will:
- make you a member
- e-mail you to let you know that your library card and PIN is ready to collect
- keep your card and PIN at the library for three months
- delete your membership after this time if you have not collected your card and PIN
Please note that:
- when you come to collect your card and PIN you must sign your membership form and bring proof of your live, work, study in Derby or Derbyshire status
- without this proof we will be unable to give you your ticket and PIN
- if you are eligible for any concessions please also bring proof of this
- if you already have a library card for Derby Libraries or Derbyshire County Libraries you do not need to join online
- by applying to join you are agreeing to follow the Library terms and conditions.
Once you have your ticket and PIN you will be able to:
- borrow books, audiobooks and magazines from the library
- use the computers in the library
- access our quality on line databases
- download e-books and e-magazines
- Children under 13 cannot join online. This is because express, signed consent from the child’s parent/carer is required to allow the child’s data to be held and shared on the Library Management System. Please print off and complete the joining form for your child and bring it into the library along with some identification and we can then proceed with the joining process.