CML Application Process *Updated 4.12.17*
* Please note applications for CMLs are now closed *
The Community Managed Library (CML) Expression of Interest (EOI) process will enable groups to submit their proposals to run CMLs in a format that will allow the Council to evaluate them, and to make decisions about transferring the management of each library to the community.
* Please note the grant application forms are now available to download below *
The process comprises four stages, as follows:
STAGE 1: REGISTRATION
The purpose of this stage is to collect basic information about groups / organisations that have, or may have, an interest in running a CML.
STAGE 2: APPLICATION
This part of the process will collect sufficient information about proposals to run a CML to enable the Council to assess their viability.
Groups/organisations will be supported to SUBMIT AN APPLICATION by midday Monday 4 December 2017.
For more information on the support available please click here.
* The library information packs were updated on 3 November 2017 *
Grant application forms
Click below to download the application forms relating to the Community Managed Libraries grant and pump priming fund.
STAGE 3: EVALUATION
An evaluation panel will scrutinise each application carefully, and may meet with representatives of the groups to ask them more about their proposals.
Where necessary the panel may ask for proposals to be amended or developed further before making a final recommendation about the transfer of a library to community management.
STAGE 4: DECISION
The Council Cabinet meeting on 12 July 2017 delegated final decisions on the groups / organisation to run each CML to the Strategic Director of Communities and Place, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Leisure, Culture and Tourism.
Key dates for the EOI process
The key dates for implementation of CMLs are as follows:
- Monday 4 September: Launch of the CML EOI process.
- Midday, Monday 9 October: Deadline for Registrations.
- Midday, Monday 4 December: Deadline for receipt of completed Applications.
- December 2017 onwards: Panel evaluations.
- January 2018 onwards: Decisions will be made and communicated to applicants.
Cabinet Reports on Strategic Libraries Review
Click below to download the Cabinet reports relating to the Community Managed Libraries proposals.