Other things to do
There is lots to do in Allestree Park, here are a few suggestions:
- Take a walk around the acres of picturesque parkland (3 miles around the perimeter
- Go on a bug hunt
- Have a picnic by the lake
- Come to one of our many events or book your own event
- Walk to the top of the hill and discover some of Derby’s most stunning views over the Derwent valley
- Try the orienteering course
- Download the Friends of Allestree Park nature trails
- If you love cross country running, Allestree Park is perfect for training
- Enjoy a spot of fishing.
Allestree Park is the largest Local Nature Reserve in Derbyshire and was designated in 2002. It hosts a variety of wildlife habitats which provide the perfect home to a wide range of common species and a few rarities, including:
- English elm.
- White letter hairstreak butterflies.
- Great crested newts.
- Harvest mice.
- Brown Hare.
- Adders-tongue fern.
- Moonwort fern.
- Several rare waxcap fungi.