Learn more about this historic site

Darley Park was donated to the people of Derby in 1929 by the Evans family who founded Darley Abbey's cotton mills. It was officially opened by HRH the Duke of Kent on 30th June 1931.

Sadly, the mansion, sited on top of the terrace, failed to find a role after the war and was knocked down in 1962. One room survives as the café, and the early 19th century stable court remains.