COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Advice for safe distancing while playing tennis
Government’s change in guidance, visitors will be able to make more use of Derby’s parks and open spaces. The Derby Parks team are asking all park users to be considerate and continue to use social distancing to keep themselves and each other safe. View all guidelines on enjoying parks safely here.
The Tennis courts are now open to book at Darley Park and Markeaton Parks.
This needs to be done through the clubspark system and the instructions are on the boards around the tennis courts, or visit our Tennis court page here. Charges apply.
Tennis courts are free to use at Alvaston Park and King George V Playing Fields. No booking is required.
Guidance on playing a safe game.
- You may play tennis with a member of your household or one other person from a different household.
- Players must not share equipment, or have any physical contact throughout. Social distancing rules need to be followed at all times.
- When your game is over you need to leave the courts immediately and make the courts available to the next people who have booked.
Government Guidelines are being followed and changes may occur as we follow advice.
Please also read the guidance for tennis safe distancing by the Lawn Tennis Association.
Where can I play?
Markeaton Park and Darley Park Tennis Courts
There are two courts available to be booked for 1 hour sessions at each park.
The courts are locked and operated through an online booking system which provides an access pin code to open the gate.
Every day 8am to 6pm - daylight dependant, as there are no floodlights.
Availability may change, visit online bookings for information.
1 hour sessions
There are free courts available at certain times throughout the week. See the online booking system for availability, free courts will need to be booked online.
How to book
If this is your first time booking a court, when you visit the online system you will need to register.
Once you have registered, you then use the online booking tool to see availability, book your court and pay.
Book your Markeaton Park court here
Book your Darley Park court here
Once you have booked you will receive an email confirmation with the pin number to enter into the gate.
The pin code will allow access, 10 minutes prior and 5 minutes after your booking time. After this time period
your pin will be invalid.
If you would like to book a tennis court at Markeaton Park on a regular basis, please call 01332 550616 or email email@example.com
Terms and conditions
- Courts can be booked 14 days in advance.
- Play to your booked time and leave the courts when your booking has finished.
- Please use the court number allocated on your booking confirmation.
- If your ball goes outside the courts, keep the gate open while you collect the ball or the gate will lock behind you.
- Please leave the courts tidy and take all litter with you.
- You may move or cancel a booking online, 24-hours’ notice is required.
- If you cannot give us 24-hours’ notice then no refund will be given.
- If we take a booking from you and it is not available due to circumstances outside your control we will first offer you another date or if this is not appropriate we will refund any booking fee you have paid.
- All cancellations will be monitored for abuse of the system.
- If you have any problems with your court go to the pitch & putt pavilion or call 01332 550616.