New swimming pool complex
Derby City Council plans to build a new swimming pool complex for a stronger future, making Derby a great place, to live, work and visit.
The new swimming pool complex at Moorways would provide communities with a centre that offers water space for learners clubs, events, casual swimmers and leisure.
A new swimming pool complex will be a valuable investment for Derby because poor health and wellbeing costs everyone. It will also create wider opportunities for success, by making Derby attractive for business recruitment and by helping our athletes to succeed and inspire.
The Council's ambition is to open the new swimming pool complex in 2020.
Delivering for communities
- Water space, performance clubs, recreational clubs, casual swimming and lessons for learners.
- Complex to include a possible gym, leisure water, health and fitness facilities and other leisure facilities.
Creating opportunities for success
- Provide well maintained and efficient services, which are value for money.
- Replace expensive-to-run facilities that are nearing the end of their natural lives.
- Make Derby attractive for businesses recruiting the best employees.
- Enable our athletes to succeed and go on to inspire future generations.
Improving health and participation
- Poor health costs the Council, NHS and public services in additional care.
- Reduce the cost to local economy in lost productivity and absenteeism through poor health.
- Improve the wellbeing of local people in Derby.
Come back to this page for the latest news as the project develops.