Information relating to Coronavirus
Derby Active Relay Challenge
Fri 6 Nov 2020
Let's all challenge ourselves this November, how many miles can Derby Active clock?
The Derby Active Relay is a free activity over the month of November for everyone to join. Over the month lets see how many miles/kilometres we can log and then we will map how far collectively we have travelled.
You can walk, jog, run or cycle your way in this challenge, we just want to see your miles.
Every step is a little further travelled and we need you to join us.
If you can, getting out in the fresh air can be a great benefit especially in the winter months. Benefits include topping up much-needed vitamin D, boosting your immune system and improving overall mental and physical health. An added bonus is that the cold lowers the heart rate and blood pressure when we exercise so it doesn’t feel as though we are exerting ourselves like it would during the summer months.
Top tips for exercising outside this month
- Dress dry and dress in layers
- Ensure adequate clothing; reflective or bright clothing correct footwear for the darker hours and slippery surfaces
- Stay hydrated
- Protected your extremities think gloves, thick socks, hats and snoods
- Pick routes that you know and that are well lit
To register your steps for the challenge all you need to do is:
1. Register on Strava for free and join the Derby Active club
2. For any activities that you record on apps such as Garmin, smart phones devices etc, simply screen shot your workout into the Derby Active Facebook Group
For fun, we’re also looking out for:
- The total distance across all members and staff
- Longest Activity
- Most activities logged
So come and join us this November, lets train and get motivated together!