Homework and study support
We provide and promote a safe, welcoming, accessible environment with appropriate facilities and resources to help children and young people with their homework and study assignments.
What does your library have to offer?
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff to help
- Informal approach helping children and young people develop research skills and independent learning
- Space to work – study tables and chairs
- A range of resources – book based and online–to support learning in its widest sense including leisure, general interest and personal information helping to meet the needs of children and young people of all abilities
- Non-fiction books - including revision guides - for children and young people covering a wide range of topics at different levels to support national curriculum requirements. Material to support study at GCSE level or above is provided within the adult non-fiction section of the library
- Free holds – items available to order from home
- Free Internet & Microsoft Office access with appropriate filtering
- Print outs and photocopies
- eReference library for children and young people- online resources accessible from the library and at home