Information relating to Coronavirus
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) updates
Markeaton Park Paddling Pool will reopen to the public daily 10.30am – 4pm from Fri 23 Jul until Sun 5 Sep. The grassed area around the paddling pool will also be available to use.
The Splash Pad in Chaddesden Park will also reopen to daily from 12noon until 5pm from Sat 24 Jul until Sun 5 Sep.
Respect other people and the measures that local authorities and site management have put in place to help ensure social distancing and protect the natural environment.
There are over 300 parks and open spaces across Derby, covering almost 700 hectares of land.
There is something for everyone in Derby's parks, from play areas and skate parks, to nature reserves and a butterfly garden. Our parks are a great place to get healthy: they are open to everyone and are free to use. Stay active by taking a walk, playing football or golf, or using our free outdoor gyms which are called 'adiZones'.
We also have lots of events taking place on our parks and open spaces throughout the year - have a look at our events programme for more information.
- Cathedral Green
- Clemson's Park
- Griffe Field Park
- Millennium Park
- Oakwood Park and Chaddesden Wood
- River Gardens
- Allestree Recreational Ground, Robincroft Road
- Boulton Lane Recreational Ground and Allenton Playing Fields
- Cambridge Street Recreational Ground
- Darley Fields
- Darley Park playing fields
- Field Lane Recreational Ground
- Knightsbridge Recreational Ground
- Mackworth Recreational Ground
- Roe Farm Recreational Ground
- Rowditch Recreational Ground
- Rykneld Recreational Ground
- Stockbrook Street Recreational Ground
- Sunny Hill Recreational Ground
- Vicarage Road Recreational Ground
- Dale Road Open Space
- Chester Green
- Parker's Piece
- St Andrew's View
Find out more about: