Derby Libraries are closed and we are working hard to reopen as soon as possible. Any announcements about reopening will be made here and on social media.
In the meantime, we would urge library members to make use of our electronic services while they are unable to visit us in person. More information about the services and how to get started can be found on our eLibrary pages.
All items are being issued with a return date extended to August. Items already out on loan have already had their return date extended, although customers may not be aware of this. Members can continue to renew their loans online.
We wish all our members well and look forward to welcoming them back as soon as we can.
Please keep checking our news page for more information.
What to do
The library has these accessibility aids:
- Level access
- Automatic doors
- Accessible counters
- Large print books and audio books
- Induction loop
- Computers with Zoomtext and high visibility keyboards.
Library app for iPhone users
Go to the App Store and search for Derby City Libraries. Download the app called DerbyLibraries to:
- Search by barcode: Use your device’s camera to scan the barcode on a book or other item and search for available copies at Derby City Libraries.
- Search the Derby City Libraries catalogue for items by title, author, subject, or general keyword and place holds on interesting items.
- Manage your account
- Find suggested reading - see what your friends have read and recommend with reading recommendations from Goodreads or check out the latest best-selling and award-winning titles.
Images from Flickr
Why not volunteer at your local library? We have a range of opportunities available, find out more on our Volunteering page.