In response to the Government’s latest guidance concerning the COVID-19 virus, and in the best interests of our visitors and staff, Derby Libraries will be closing their doors temporarily after business hours on Saturday 21 March. This will be for at least four weeks.
All items are being issued with a return date in June. Items already out on loan have already had their return date extended, although customers may not be aware of this. Members can continue to renew their loans online.
It is a difficult time for all of us, but we would urge library members to make use of our electronic services while they are unable to visit us in person.
Please keep checking our news page for more information.
What to do
The library has these accessibility aids:
- Level access
- Automatic doors
- Accessible counters
- Large print books and audio books
- Induction loop
- Computers with Zoomtext and high visibility keyboards.
Library app for iPhone users
Go to the App Store and search for Derby City Libraries. Download the app called DerbyLibraries to:
- Search by barcode: Use your device’s camera to scan the barcode on a book or other item and search for available copies at Derby City Libraries.
- Search the Derby City Libraries catalogue for items by title, author, subject, or general keyword and place holds on interesting items.
- Manage your account
- Find suggested reading - see what your friends have read and recommend with reading recommendations from Goodreads or check out the latest best-selling and award-winning titles.
Images from Flickr
Why not volunteer at your local library? We have a range of opportunities available, find out more on our Volunteering page.