COVID-19 libraries update - Apr 2022
For the safety of yourself and others, we encourage all customers to continue to wear a face-covering whilst in the library and maintain social distancing. Visit our COVID-19 Libraries news page.
Riverside Library 'getting ready' timelapse
What to do in our libraries
The Library has these accessibility aids:
- Level access
- Automatic doors
- Accessible counters
- Large print books and audio books
- Induction loop
- Computers with Zoomtext and high visibility keyboards.
Library app for iPhone users
Go to the App Store and search for Derby City Libraries. Download the app called DerbyLibraries to:
- Search by barcode: Use your device’s camera to scan the barcode on a book or other item and search for available copies at Derby City Libraries.
- Search the Derby City Libraries catalogue for items by title, author, subject, or general keyword and place holds on interesting items.
- Manage your account
- Find suggested reading - see what your friends have read and recommend with reading recommendations from Goodreads or check out the latest best-selling and award-winning titles.
Why not volunteer at your local library? We have a range of opportunities available, find out more on our Volunteering page.