Outdoor sports facilities
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) updates - Following the Government’s change in guidance, visitors can enjoy and make more use of Derby’s parks and open spaces.
The Derby Parks team are asking all park users to be considerate and continue to use social distancing to keep themselves and each other safe. Some facilities remain closed, please visit the news story for up to date information. You can contact the parks team by email at email@example.com
The Orangery at Markeaton Park Craft Village will be open Monday to Friday 9.30am-4.00pm, Weekends 9.30am-5.00pm until 1 Nov. From 2nd Nov the times will change to Monday to Friday 9.30am-3.30pm, weekends 9.30am-4.00pm.
Chaddesden Park will be only open at the weekends 10am-5pm until 1 Nov, then from 2 Nov onwards will be weekends only 10am-4pm.
Alvaston Park is open Monday to Friday 10am-4pm and weekends 9am-5pm until November 1st. Then from 2 Nov onwards Monday to Friday 10am-3:30pm weekends 9am-4pm.
The Waterside Café at Alvaston Park are opening for takeaway Mon to Fri 10am to 4pm, and Weekends 9am to 5pm.
Only open at the weekends 10.00-5.00 until 1st November, and then they close until February half term.
The Ice Cream Kiosk at Mundy Play Centre Markeaton is open weekends 10am-5pm until 1st November, and then they close until February half term.
There is also a new Pizza Kiosk at Mundy Play Centre Markeaton, which is open weekends 10am-5pm until 1st November, and then they close until February half term.
Park Public Toilets
Toilets at the Markeaton Park Craft Village are open between 10am – 5pm and are being monitored throughout the day. To ensure staff and public safety, one male, one female and one disabled toilet will be available with appropriately distanced queues and enhanced cleaning in place. We are constantly reviewing these procedures.
Toilets are also open at:
Allestree Park 7:30am – 5pm
Alvaston Park 10am – 4pm
Chaddesden Park 11am - 4pm
Darley Park 10am – 4pm
Enhanced cleaning operations and social distancing are key to their successful operation.
Paddling Pool and Water Play
Owing to safety concerns caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, Markeaton Park paddling pool, and the splash pad at Chaddesden Park, will stay closed for the summer season.
We apologise for not being able to provide water play this summer, but your safety is our priority.
We have a great range of outdoor sports facilities available on our parks. Read further to find out more...
- Moorways Stadium - full sized pitch with flood lights and changing rooms also available.
- Springwood Leisure Centre - 5-a-side pitch filled with sand/rubber, especially designed for football. We also have a court suitable for 5-a-side football. Floodlights also available.
- The Racecourse - Steve Bloomer Artificial Turf Pitch (ATP) with floodlights, changing rooms and club room available.
- Moorways Stadium - three full sized pitches used for football, rugby and for coaching.
- Darley Fields
- Alvaston Park
- Chaddesden Park
- Sinfin Moor Park
Chellaston Leisure Limited will now operate Chellaston Park and all enquiries to use this site should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Markeaton Park has two hard tennis courts and a ball games area that are available to use on a pay as you go basis. Tennis courts are available to be booked for 1 hour sessions on our online booking system, find out more on our tennis page.
We have tennis courts available for casual use at Alvaston Park and King George V playing fields. To find out more call us on 01332 640789.
Moorways Stadium has a range of athletics facilities, including:
- athletics track and field - an eight lane floodlit international standard track and field facility with the provision for outside throwing areas and a practice sprint track. There is also permanent seating for 650 people with additional space for several thousand spectators.
- cross country and cyclo-cross - Moorways Stadium's cross country course is suitable for small and junior events, as well as a cyclo-cross course.
- Markeaton Park has cricket fields which are available between April and September.
- Sunnydale Park has an artificial cricket wicket and grass outfield
- Oakwood Park has an artificial cricket wicket and grass outfield
- Chaddesden Park has an artificial cricket wicket and grass outfield
- Normanton Park has an artificial cricket wicket and grass outfield
- Sinfin Moor Park has an artificial cricket wicket and grass outfield
For prices visit our Parks prices page