Outdoor sports facilities
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) updates
There is much to discover at this time of year on our parks. Please follow the new guidance and visit individually, only with members of your own household, or to meet with just one other person from outside your household if you are alone.
Read what the National restrictions mean at our COVID-19 news story.
We have a great range of outdoor sports facilities available on our parks. Read further to find out more...
- Moorways Stadium - full sized pitch with flood lights and changing rooms also available.
- Springwood Leisure Centre - 5-a-side pitch filled with sand/rubber, especially designed for football. We also have a court suitable for 5-a-side football. Floodlights also available.
- The Racecourse - Steve Bloomer Artificial Turf Pitch (ATP) with floodlights, changing rooms and club room available.
Chellaston Leisure Limited will now operate Chellaston Park and all enquiries to use this site should be sent directly to email@example.com
Markeaton Park has two hard tennis courts and a ball games area that are available to use on a pay as you go basis. Tennis courts are available to be booked for 1 hour sessions on our online booking system, find out more on our tennis page.
We have tennis courts available for casual use at Alvaston Park and King George V playing fields. To find out more call us on 01332 640789.
Derby Tennis League make it easy for adults to play friendly, competitive tennis. Visit their webpage for more information.
Moorways Stadium has a range of athletics facilities, including:
- athletics track and field - an eight lane floodlit international standard track and field facility with the provision for outside throwing areas and a practice sprint track. There is also permanent seating for 650 people with additional space for several thousand spectators.
- cross country and cyclo-cross - Moorways Stadium's cross country course is suitable for small and junior events, as well as a cyclo-cross course.
- Markeaton Park has cricket fields which are available between April and September.
- Sunnydale Park has an artificial cricket wicket and grass outfield
- Oakwood Park has an artificial cricket wicket and grass outfield
- Chaddesden Park has an artificial cricket wicket and grass outfield
- Normanton Park has an artificial cricket wicket and grass outfield
- Sinfin Moor Park has an artificial cricket wicket and grass outfield
For prices visit our Parks prices page