Information relating to Coronavirus
Playgrounds and play areas
Derby has over 50 play areas. Many of these have been refurbished in the last five years and have some exciting and adventurous play equipment from giant basket swings to zip wires and unusual items such as mazes, trim trails, sand pits and trampolines.
Our parks offer a variety of play equipment for different age groups. Most of our neighbourhood parks have small play areas for younger children, with equipment such as swings and see-saws, whilst our bigger city parks offer a wide range of activities and equipment for all ages from toddlers to teenagers
- In King George V there is a wheeled sports area, a play area with a trim trail and a six seater group swing.
- In Sinfin Moor Park there is a BMX park and a large play area with facilities for toddlers to teenagers.
- In Alvaston Park there is a play area with facilities for all ages including a sand pit, zip wire, adizone gym and BMX park.
- In Chaddesden Park there is a brand water play area, BMX park and play area.
- In Arboretum park there is a large play area with play equipment for all ages including a massive climbing boulder and water play area.
- In Chellaston Park there is a fenced play ground, which is suitable for a wide age group from toddlers to teenagers. Mutli play units, swings, slide and roundabouts have been installed into 2 distinct groups according to age of the user.
We hope you enjoy your visit to one of our play areas. Please get in touch if you have any suggestions to improve the area for you children and others.