Computers and the internet
COVID-19 Libraries Update - January 2021
Riverside, Mickleover, Normanton and Alvaston Libraries are currently open for Click and Collect and for Internet access for essential tasks.
The e-book service is available – look at our catalogue to make your choice.
The Home Library Service has resumed.
Derby Local Studies and Family History Library is currently closed to members of the public but is taking enquiries by phone, text and email.
You can renew your books online or phone 01332 641700
For full details on current services, please visit our COVID-19 Libraries news page.
Public Computer access
There are computers and free WiFi available for people to use for essential tasks at Normanton, Alvaston, Mickleover and Riverside Libraries. Public computer access is not available at Derby Local Studies and Family History Library.
Computers and WiFi are available to help you with essential tasks such as applying for jobs, claiming benefits, homework and essential printing if you don’t have access to these at home. You cannot book the computers for entertainment purposes.
To use a computer or library Wifi:
- Phone the library to book a session in advance
- Please arrive no more than five minutes before your booking begins
- View the click and collect information for opening times and library phone numbers
Please note that:
- To ensure as many people as possible can access PCs and Wifi, sessions are limited to one hour
- Printing is available, payment to be made by card
- Customers aged under 13 must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Unfortunately, we cannot provide one-to-one help for you on the computer
While you are in the library, you must wear a face covering and observe social distancing of two metres. When you arrive, you will be asked to sanitise your hands and to provide your name and contact details for Test and Trace.
PC use is available to full members of Derby Libraries. Visitors to Derby can use the computers by showing identification, normally this should be the same identification needed to join the library, but international visitors can use a passport, national identity card or driving licence. We regret we do not accept credit or debit cards.
The following documents have more information: