The Phillip Whitehead Memorial Library, Chaddesden Park
This library opened in March 2013, replacing an earlier building situated nearby on the park. It is named in memory of the journalist, broadcaster and former MP for Derby North Phillip Whitehead.
A display cabinet in the library houses a selection of books from Phillip’s personal collection, reflecting the breadth of his interests as a politician, journalist and broadcaster as well as some of his own publications. A portfolio of information about Phillip Whitehead’s life and career is also available at the library.
What to do
The Library has these accessibility aids...
- Level access
- Accessible counters
- Large print books and audio books
- Induction loop
- Computers with Zoomtext and high visibility keyboards.
Library app for iPhone users
Go to the App Store and search for Derby City Libraries. Download the app called DerbyLibraries to:
- Search by barcode: Use your device’s camera to scan the barcode on a book or other item and search for available copies at Derby City Libraries.
- Search the Derby City Libraries catalogue for items by title, author, subject, or general keyword and place holds on interesting items.
- Manage your account
- Find suggested reading - see what your friends have read and recommend with reading recommendations from Goodreads or check out the latest best-selling and award-winning titles.
Images from Flickr
Why not volunteer at your local library? We have a range of opportunities available, find out more on our Volunteering page.