Start an eBook Club!
Tue 19 May 2020
Reading groups are a great way to discover books you would not usually read with other people. During the Covid-19 pandemic, many reading groups have turned to video chats instead of meeting up in person – and now groups can now access books online for free too with Derby’s eLibrary.
A number of titles for members to enjoy at the same time have just been released, including:
- The Wayward Girls by Amanda Mason: The Girls meets The Little Stranger in this dark and captivating debut about sisterhood, family secrets, and a dangerous game that becomes all too real.
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris: This novel is based on the true story of Lale and Gita Sokolov, two Slovakian Jews, who survived Auschwitz and eventually made their home in Australia. In that terrible place, Lale was given the job of tattooing the prisoners marked for survival - literally scratching numbers into his fellow victims' arms in indelible ink to create what would become one of the most potent symbols of the Holocaust.
- The Familiars by Stacey Halls: 'Assured and alluring, this beautiful tale of women and witchcraft and the fight against power was a delight from start to finish' - Jessie Burton, author of The Miniaturist
- Sal by Mick Kitson: A rich, wild and heartwarming debut novel about the end of childhood, the strength of a sister’s love and the power of nature to heal even the deepest wounds.
- The Holiday by TM Logan: Seven days. Three families. One killer. It was supposed to be the perfect holiday - a group of families enjoying a week together in the sun. But Kate has a secret: her husband is having an affair.
- The Girl in the Woods by Patricia Macdonald: Fifteen years ago, Blair's best friend Molly was murdered. Fifteen years ago, Adrian Jones went to prison for it. Fifteen years ago, the real killer got away with it.
- The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart by Holly Ringland: Alice Hart lives in isolation by the sea, where her mother’s enchanting flowers and their hidden messages shelter her from the dark moods of her father.
More titles are being added to the list. Reading groups can access these eBooks from the libraries website using their library card and PIN. If you are not a member you can join online and receive a temporary ticket. You can also enjoy eMagazines, eAudiobooks and the eReference library too.