Key dates for Community Managed Libraries
Fri 25 Aug 2017
The Council is implementing a community-managed model for ten local libraries to safeguard their future. This follows an extensive public consultation which attracted more than 4,000 responses.
The libraries that the Council will be seeking Expressions of Interest for to become Community managed are:
- Chaddesden (The Phillip Whitehead Memorial Library)
Applying to run a Community Managed Library
- The Community Managed Library (CML) Expression of Interest (EOI) process will enable groups to submit their proposals to run CMLs in a format that will allow the Council to evaluate them, and to make decisions about transferring the management of each library to the community.
Key dates for the EOI process
The key dates for implementation of CMLs are as follows:
- Monday 4 September: Launch of the CML EOI process. A range of information documents supporting the EoI process will be published at this point.
- Midday, Monday 9 October: Deadline for Registrations.
- Midday, Monday 4 December: Deadline for receipt of completed Applications.
- December 2017 onwards: Panel evaluations.
- January 2018 onwards: Decisions will be made and communicated to applicants.
More information can be found here.