Information relating to Coronavirus
Mental Wellbeing - Take time for you
Mon 8 Jun 2020
Life has changed for everyone over the past few months, and it is more important than ever to look after YOU!
Mental wellbeing describes your mental state, how YOU are feeling and how well YOU can cope with day-to-day life.
Our mental wellbeing is dynamic. It can change from moment to moment, day to day, month to month or year to year.
If you have good mental wellbeing you are able to:
- feel relatively confident in yourself and have positive self-esteem
- feel and express a range of emotions
- build and maintain good relationships with others
- feel engaged with the world around you
- live and work productively
- cope with the stresses of daily life
- adapt and manage in times of change and uncertainty
Sometime our mental state is challenged and our ability to cope with the up and downs of life changes. Here are a few actions to help and support your mental wellbeing:
- Think about what is affecting your wellbeing
- Build positive relationships
- Take time for yourself
- Look after your mental health
- Look after your physical health
- Ask for help if you need it
Mindfulness with Sammie - Health and Wellbeing Advisor
Sammie from Springwood Leisure Centre has put together a few slides to help you with understanding Mindfulness and techniques that may help you with your general wellbeing.
Also are a few tips for meditation.
Stay safe and well.
Reading recommendations from Derby Libraries
Some recommendations from our Derby Libraries team you can access via the e-library
Hurry up and Meditate by David Michie eAudiobook
Mindful Running by Mackenzie L. Havey eBook
The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down by Haemin Sunim eBook
The Art of Meditation by Matthieu Ricard eAudiobook
Smiling Mind by Jane Martino and James Tutton eAudiobook
Amateur Photographer magazine