Changes we have made for your safety
COVID-19 libraries update - Apr 2022
For the safety of yourself and others, we encourage all customers to continue to wear a face-covering whilst in the library and maintain social distancing. Visit our COVID-19 Libraries news page.
Keeping safe at Derby Libraries
When attending a library event or activity, we encourage you to show caution and respect to others, for the safety and comfort of all.
If you feel unwell or have tested positive for Covid-19 you must not attend.
We encourage you to:
- sanitize hands
- practice social distancing where possible
Library staff will:
- Work from behind a screen where practical
- Practice social distancing where possible
Tue 27 Jul 2021
Here are some of the steps we are putting in place for the re-opening of our libraries.
- We have installed clear signage to manage movement into, around, and out of our libraries.
- Where possible, we have altered the layout to allow plenty of space to move about freely.
- For the health and safety of everyone in the library, we ask that if possible, you come to the library alone.
- We have reduced the number of public computers to minimise health risks.
- We will ask you for your contact details at the point of arrival in cooperation with the NHS Test and Trace scheme.
- Our staff will continue to wear face coverings and we would encourage our customers to do wear face coverings if they are able, to help protect others.
- You will be encouraged to clean your hands using hand sanitiser when you enter the library. Hand sanitisers are positioned throughout for your usage.
- We have installed protective screens at our service desks.
- We have increased our standard cleaning rotas and procedures. Staff will also wipe down common touch point areas.
- Staff will wipe down public PCs and furniture after each session.
- To reduce as much contact as possible we have introduced card/contactless payments.