Central Library will be closed from 1pm on Saturday 9 June.
The new Riverside Library will open Monday 2 July.
Don't worry if you've got a book that needs returning during this time. You can either take it to another library in Derby or hold on to it until Riverside Library opens.
Find out more by visiting the libraries news page.
What to do at Central Library
The Library has these accessibility aids:
- Level access
- Automatic doors
- Accessible counters
- Large print books and audio books
- Induction loop
- Computers with Zoomtext and high visibility keyboards.
Library app for iPhone users
Go to the App Store and search for Derby City Libraries. Download the app called DerbyLibraries to:
- Search by barcode: Use your device’s camera to scan the barcode on a book or other item and search for available copies at Derby City Libraries.
- Search the Derby City Libraries catalogue for items by title, author, subject, or general keyword and place holds on interesting items.
- Manage your account
- Find suggested reading - see what your friends have read and recommend with reading recommendations from Goodreads or check out the latest best-selling and award-winning titles.
Images from Flickr
Why not volunteer at your local library? We have a range of opportunities available, find out more on our Volunteering page.